Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blogging

I'm not really one to blog. In fact, I don't care for it. The whole buzz over "social media" has become a bit too trendy. Sometimes it seems to me that what we use here as a way to keep up with what parties we're attending over the weeking is being used in more dire situations around the world. I can't honestly deny the facility of the internet in Egypt. And there it really did allow people to coordinate and unite. I get it. I just don't know if blogging here in the USA has the same meaning. Sometimes I feel that this super-imposed requirement to blog is just that: super-imposed.
I am, however, open to new things and will give this a shot.
When I thought about it, I did realize that there is something very appealing about being able to voice opinion and, especially here, it can sometimes go unnoticed that such freedoms exist. When I thought about blogging in this light, it did honestly make me curious to try it out as an exersice in my amendment rights. The founders of this nation did make a point to ensure this freedom for me, after all. So maybe I should see what tools are available to me.
The ironic thing is, I'm an IC major. I should be exploring all I can about this channel that has always been so very open to me. So this first blog is a humble one. Here I am: a communications major trying out a form of communication that the rest of the world has utilized for such a long time. Yes, it would seem I still have much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment